22nd October 2019 Vacancies
Alpha Manufacturing are expanding our existing weld department due to increased demand and are looking for the right candidate to work with our experienced weld team.
Weld Operative Responsibilities:
Working to sketches and specifications to join metal parts, filling seams and holes of metal components. Inspecting equipment and structures whilst following and maintaining all required safety protocol.
Welder Job Duties:
- Welding various material thickness parts up-to 12mm
- Working to technical drawings and standard operating procedures in order to execute jobs and tasks to specification
- Welding to drawing specifications using bespoke jigs and fixtures
- Maintaining a sound knowledge of universal standards and specifications
- Following safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes
Weld Operative Skills:
- Formal training through a vocational or technical school/ on the job training
- Ability to technical drawings, basic computer knowledge
- Attention to detail, manual dexterity
- Physical strength
- Technical skills