9th August 2019 Vacancies
We are recruiting for laser operators to work in our laser cutting department operating Bystronic and Trumpf C02 and fiber laser machines.
Operate Laser machines (Bystronic & Trumpf) as instructed by supervisors to produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings. This position may include all or some of the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Laser Operator Job Duties:
- Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameter to ensure optimal performance of the equipment
- Determine if tools are undamaged and in safe condition for use
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast changing priorities
- Keep work area clean and organised
- Work with team members to maximise productivity and efficiency
- Consistently produce usable products that meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings
Laser Operator Skills:
- Experience using CNC Laser machines
- Knowledge of tooling machine maintenance
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminium, Steel and stainless steel
- Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements
- Ability to use a tape measure and calliper