7th November 2019 Vacancies
We are looking to strengthen our Team with the recruitment of a Group Environmental, Health & Safety Manager.
The Bri-Stor Group consists of Bri-Stor Systems Ltd, Alpha Manufacturing Ltd & Atlas Coatings Ltd and we are based in Hixon, Staffordshire. We are a privately owned business employing approx 400 people across the group, making us one of the largest employers in the region.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the implementation of robust systems, ensuring compliance and conformance to EHS Policies and Management Systems whilst growing and supporting a strong EHS culture.
- Health, Safety & Environmental Policies and Procedures are produced & communicated to all levels of the business.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Safe Systems of Work.
- Periodically review and revise the Health, Safety & Environmental Policy documentation such that it reflects the views and needs of the organisation.
- Assist management in the implementation of the Health, Safety & Environmental policy.
- Advise on preventive actions on Health, Safety & Environmental matters, based on the correct implementation of current Health, Safety & Environmental legislation, approved code of practice and supporting risk assessments.
- Monitor and record all accident reports, investigate where necessary and analyse statistical data for control purposes.
- Submit relevant performance and statistical information to the Group Directors.
- Liaise and consult with external agencies on matters of Health, Safety & Environmental and Welfare.
- Provide co-ordination and leadership regarding risk strategies to ensure continual development of risk management activities.
- Monitor and review arrangements for business continuity to ensure procedures, when implemented, achieve the intended objectives.
- Provide Health, Safety & Environmental instructions to all levels of the business during business introductions.
- The Planning and Co-ordination of Statutory Examinations
- Monthly Health, Safety & Environmental committee meetings are held and documented.
- Identify training needs and advise management accordingly and where practicable, provide training to support the Health, Safety & Environmental needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain systems to enable easy access to records and information related directly to the Health, Safety & Environmental management system.
- Emergency response procedures and responsibilities are communicated to all interested parties including external bodies.
- Occupational Health Surveillance is provided for those identified through a risk assessment, advise the management team of specific requirements and promote advice to employees on how to maintain their health and wellbeing.
- Audits are planned and carried out to meet the business operations and legislative requirements.
- Ensure ongoing ISO 18001 / 14001 accreditation.
- The ability to build credible relationships with internal and external stakeholders and to truly engage your community to embrace EH & S in all they undertake.
- Your key experience will include implementing EHS programmes, undertaking audits, accident investigation and identifying corrective actions.
- Knowledge of ISO systems and their implementation.
- NEBOSH Certificate/ NEBSOH Diploma Equivalent.
- Lead Auditor Qualifications desirable.