Alpha Manufacturing, a member of the Bri-Stor Group, is a privately-owned business fabricating sheet metal in the UK. Alpha designs and produces both sheet metal work components and assemblies. Established in 1989, the company now employs over 100 people. Utilising industry leading technology, Alpha Manufacturing have facilities to design, prototype and manufacture a diverse range of products all in their purpose-built sheet metal fabrication factory in the heart of Staffordshire.
Having experienced significant growth and success over the last few years, we are seeking a CNC Machine Operator to work in our Machining department operating Mazak CNC Millers, Turners and Machining Centres.
CNC Machining Operator Responsibilities:
- Produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plan machining jobs by studying work orders
- Planning stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available
- Programming mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math
- Setting up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers
- Loading feed mechanism by moving and lifting stock into position.
- Maintaining specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Process Improvement
- Verbal Communication
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Controls and Instrumentation (preferably Mazak)
- Knowledge of Tooling
- Attention to Detail
The successful candidate will be entitled to:
- Earn up to £15 per hour
- Wide variety of shifts available
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme