4th June 2018 Vacancies
Alpha Manufacturing are seeking a CNC machine operator to work in our Machining department operating Mazak CNC Millers, Turners and Machining Centers.
CNC Machining Operator Responsibilities:
Produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
CNC Machinist Job Duties:
- Plan machining jobs by studying work orders
- Planning stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available
- Programming mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math
- Setting up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers
- Loading feed mechanism by moving and lifting stock into position.
- Maintaining specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
CNC Operator Machinist Skills
- Process Improvement
- Verbal Communication
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Controls and Instrumentation (preferably Mazak)
- Knowledge of Tooling
- Attention to Detail